C and C++ are those unique languages which every programmer should know, because these languages forms the base for popular programming languages like Python, PHP, Pearl, Java, C# and many others. Also, these programming language are extensively used even by the skilled programmers to work with the hardware.
The main use of IDE is to provide different components of software applications while developing the program. The thing which makes them most favoured amongst the developers is their appealing user interface. A few days ago, I shared IDEs for Linux as well as IDEs for Java, but today I have explored best IDE’s For C/C++ for you. So check out these IDEs and get started with C/C++ development.
Eclipse is one of the most popular and powerful IDE’s For C/C++ which offers open source utility and functionality for C and C++ programmers. New users can find this IDE as simple to use and work upon.
Open-source software i.e available for free
Supports all platforms Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Supports Debugging, Compiling, Profiling, Auto-completion of code and Refactoring i.e (restructuring of code can be performed without changing external behaviour)
It has great graphical user interface (GUI) to arrange element using drag and drop functionality.
Code::Blocks is a free C, C++ IDE created to meet the most demanding needs of the developers of C and C++. This is an IDE with all features you need for C and C++ development.
Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X as well
It is designed to be fully configurable and extensible with its plugins.
Supports Compiling, Debugging, Code Coverage, Profiling, Auto-completion of code
It is a class browser i.e it can visualize object oriented programming
Like Eclipse it also has (GUI) to arrange elements using drag and drop functionality and also supports code analysis
GNAT Programming Studio also known as GPS, is a highly advanced Free IDE that simplifies the interaction between software and their developers. With its natural interface, GPS is easy to use, simplifies source navigation and also helps to highlight the fundamental ideas in the program.
Supports Compiling, Debugging, Code Coverage, Profiling, Auto-completion of code
It is also a class browser like Code:Blocks and also supports Code Refactoring
Has drag and drop feature to ease the work of programmers
CodeLite is an another excellent, free, open source and cross platform IDE for the C/C++ programming languages that runs on all major Platforms (Windows, Linux and OSX)
Generic support for compilers and Errors are clickable via the Buildtab
Supports next generation debugger
It has amazingly fast and powerful code completion tool based on their in-house parser
It also has its own RAD tool for building Widgets-based applications
Supports Static code analysis, refactoring, class browser and profiling
Netbeans C++ IDE consists of a lot of project based templates for C and C++, that provides the capability to build applications with dynamic and static libraries in C and C++. It consist of amazing features that make it more popular among web developers.
It is a free and open source IDE
code completion is fast and supports refactoring for C/C++
This IDE is well integrated with the multi-session gdb debugger.
It comes with automatic indentation, semantic highlighting, and formatting (provides a choice of formatting styles), code folding, bracket matching and templates
You can use development tools on remote hosts to create, execute, and even debug projects from your client system in a simple manner
This is another cross platform C++ IDE, but it is not free. Although you will get its free trial version for one month of use.
Supports Debugging, Compiling, Profiling, Auto-completion of code and Refactoring
Has drag and drop functionality
supports Static Code Analysis
Dev C++ is another good IDE for C and C++ programming languages. It is an open source IDE but supports only Windows platform and not Linux and OS X.
Support GCC-based compilers
Customizable syntax highlighting editor
Integrated debugging (using GDB)
Quickly create Windows, console, static libraries and DLLs
Edit and compile Resource files
8. C++ Builder
C++Builder is a great way to get started in building high-performance C++ applications for Windows without database connectivity. It is not a free IDE, has proprietary license. It works on Windows and OS X only.
Anjuta is a versatile IDE comprising a number of advanced programming facilities that focuses on providing simple and usable user interface for powerful and efficient development. Although it is open source software but it supports Linux platform only.
Anjuta UI is created to be simple to operate with powerful tools
Easy wizards and project templates to get started with new projects.
Fully integrated GDB for on-board debugging
Profiler and many more tools
MonoDevelop allows developers to write desktop and web applications on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X quickly. You can also port .NET applications created with Visual Studio to Linux and Mac OS X with same and a single code base for all platforms.
Advanced Text Editing
Multiple language support
Create web projects with full code completion.
It’s well known that C/C++ languages are the most dominant programming languages around. As I mentioned in the previous post “Top 10 best applications written in C/C++” that most of the big softwares, operating systems, games and other scientific tools and utilities are developed in C/C++. In this post, I have found 50 outstanding websites and web pages providing source codes for and programs written in C/C++. This list provides direct links to programming source codes along with their small description.
I have tried to include the best C/C++ source code websites. This is not a complete list so you can suggest me any links which you think is missing and I will welcome your suggestions to further enhance this list.
11. http://snippets.dzone.com/tag/c/ – Thousands of users tagging and storing useful C language source code snippets
12. http://www.hotscripts.com/category/c-cpp/scripts-programs/ Hotscripts provides hundreds of C and C++ scripts and programs. All the programs are organised into different categories.
13. http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/default.asp?lngWId=3 Over a million lines of C and C++ free source code
14. http://freshmeat.net/browse/164/ Over 9000 project written in C programming language
15. http://www.daniweb.com/code/c.html – Useful code snippets provided by DANIWEB.
16. http://www.programmersheaven.com/tags/C/ C programming resources at programmersheaven.com
17. http://www.ddj.com/code/ddj.html This page gives you access to the source code from Dr. Dobb’s Journal archived by issue.
19. http://www.codecogs.com/ CodeCogs is a collaborative open-source library, with numerical components written in C/C++.
20. http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=programming++lang:c&cs_r=lang:c Google code – C programming language
21. http://www.codepedia.com/1/C �The CodePedia is an open system of content on programming and other computer related topics.
22. http://www.cis.temple.edu/~ingargio/cis71/code/ This is a list of simple C language programs for students.
23. http://www.codeproject.com/?cat=2 C/C++ resources provided by The Code Project
24. http://www.thefreecountry.com/sourcecode/cpp.shtml Here are some C and C++ libraries, DLLs, VCLs, source code, components, modules, application frameworks, class libraries, source code snippets, and the like, that you can use with your programs without payment of fees and royalties.
25. http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/cpp_src/cpp_src.html This is a comprehensive list of 345 C++ source codes.
26. http://www.cplusplus.com/src/ A list of generic consol programs and windows programs written in C++.
27. http://users.cs.fiu.edu/~weiss/dsaa_c++/code/ Here is the source code for Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++ (Second Edition), by Mark Allen Weiss. The materials here are copyrighted.
28. http://c.snippets.org/ The SNIPPETS C Source Code Archives.
29. http://www.bbdsoft.com/downloads.html C++ source code and utilities
30. http://www.moshier.net/ Astronomy and numerical software source codes
31. http://cplus.about.com/od/cgames/C_Games_with_Source_Code.htm C++ Games with Source Code – This has links to downloads of games with source code in C++.
32. http://cliodhna.cop.uop.edu/~hetrick/c-sources.html Free C/C++ Sources for Numerical Computation,
33. http://www.mathtools.net/C_C__/Utilities/index.html C/C++ utilities
34. http://www.programmerworld.net/resources/c_library.htm Free Libraries and Source Code for C++ and others useful tools related to C++.
35. http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/links/cplusplus-links.html� Brad Appleton’s C++ Links – Resources, projects, libraries, tutorials and coding.
36. http://www.robertnz.net/cpp_site.html� A list of websites and files of interest to C++ users. This is a collection of hundreds of sites for C/C++ Programmers.
37. http://www.josuttis.com/libbook/examples.html Here, you can see and download all examples of the book The C++ Standard Library – A Tutorial and Reference by Nicolai M. Josuttis.
38. ftp://184.108.40.206/sourcecode/cuj/ C/C++ Users journal
39. ftp://220.127.116.11/sourcecode/wd/ Windows Developer Network
40. http://www.einet.net/directory/65892/Developers.htm Written in C for C Programmers
41. http://www.daniweb.com/code/cplusplus.html – Useful code snippets provided by DANIWEB.
42. http://snippets.dzone.com/tag/c%2B%2B – C++ source code
43. http://www.programmersheaven.com/tags/C%2b%2b/ C++ programming resources provided by programmersheaven.com
44. http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=programming+lang%3Ac%2B%2B – Google code – C++ programming language
45. http://www.codepedia.com/1/Cpp The CodePedia is an open system of content on programming and other computer related topics.
46. http://www.codebeach.com/index.asp?TabID=1&CategoryID=3 C++ source code provided by Codebeach
47. http://freshmeat.net/browse/165/ Over 5000 projects written in C++ programming language
48. http://cplus.about.com/od/codelibrary/Code_Library_for_C_C_and_C.htm Code Library for C, C++ and C# – The Code Library with source code for all examples and free downloads for this topic.
49. http://www.c.happycodings.com/ Happy Codings – Programming Resources & Code Examples for Visual Basic, Java, PHP, asp, C, C++, Assembly.
50. http://www.blueparrots.com/ Borland C source code examples for games, graphics and sound.
51. http://www.java2s.com/Code/Cpp/CatalogCpp.htm C++ source code organised by topics.=
52. http://www.yeohhs.com/modules/mydownloads/ �C & C++ eBooks and example source codes that show how to develop various Windows programs easily.
53. http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus4/programs/index.html Over 300 C++ source code for mathematical equations and formulas.
54. http://users.cs.fiu.edu/~weiss/phc++/code/ Sample Source Code for C++ for Java Programmers.
55. http://www.josuttis.com/libbook/examples.html �The C++ Standard Library – A Tutorial and Reference.
56. http://emr.cs.uiuc.edu/~reingold/calendars.shtml Edward M. Reingold’s Calendar Book, Papers, and Code.
57. http://cpp.snippets.org/ The SNIPPETS C++ Source Code Archives.
58. http://ubiety.uwaterloo.ca/~tveldhui/papers/techniques/ Techniques for solving scientific problems in C and C++.
59. http://c.ittoolbox.com/topics/core-c/ C/C++ IT tool box.
60. http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/tutorials/c/ccccdbas.html This document contains numerous example programs to provide a practical aid for learning C programming language.