Just last week I started reading a very informative book titled – “The Business of iPhone App Development: Making and Marketing Apps that Succeed“
I quickly flipped through all the chapters and then started to read it page by page. I have only one things to say – This is a must have book for all iPhone Developers and Entrepreneurs.
Written by an ex-Apple employee who worked directly in the iPhone Team at Apple a seasoned Mac, iPhone and iPad expert developer, it will save you tons of time and money by helping you make all the right decisions when choosing which iPhone Apps you should develop and help you monetize your Apps when you are ready to take them to market.
The original price is $29.99 but its now selling on Amazon for $19.79. This is a steal for 400+ pages of absolutely blissful content for all of us in iPhone development. There’s also tons of free code that comes with the book
Here’s a quick description from the Amazon about the book –
The phenomenal success of the iPhone and the iPod touch has ushered in a “gold rush” for developers, but with well over 100,000 apps in the highly competitive App Store, it has become increasingly difficult for new apps to stand out in the crowd. Achieving consumer awareness and sales longevity for your iPhone app requires a lot of organization and some strategic planning. This book will show you how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of the design and development process, giving your app the best possible chance of succeeding in the App Store.
The Business of iPhone App Development was written by experienced developers with business backgrounds, taking you step-by-step through cost-effective marketing techniques that have proven successful for professional iPhone app creators—perfect for independent developers on shoestring budgets. Although there are a few iPhone app marketing books on the horizon, they appear to tackle the subject from purely a marketer’s perspective. What makes this book unique is that it was written by developers for developers, showing you not only what to do, but also how to do it, complete with time-saving resources and ready-to-use code examples. No prior business knowledge is required. This is the book you wish you had read before you launched your first app!
What you’ll learn –
* Transform your iPhone app into a powerful marketing tool with easy-to-use concepts and code examples.
* Analyze your ideas, research the competition, and identify your audience to evaluate sales potential.
* Protect your business and intellectual property and avoid potential legal hassles.
* Utilize several revenue-generating business models such as in-app advertising, affiliate programs, and In-App Purchase. Includes an extensive chapter on tapping into the Store Kit API.
* Build synergy with in-app cross-promotion and social networking.
* Improve usability and implement effective testing, plus a comprehensive walkthrough of provisioning and ad hoc distribution.
* Create a pre-release buzz online with Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and a dedicated web site promoting your iPhone app.
* Successfully navigate the App Store submission process.
* Execute a post-release marketing strategy by crafting effective press releases, soliciting app reviews, and leveraging the power of promotional sales and giveaways.
You can read more about this book and even flip few a few of the chapters online on Amazon at the following link – The Business of iPhone App Development: Making and Marketing Apps that Succeed
List of 15 Best iOS App Development Tools
13 programming languages defining the future of coding
The Languages and Frameworks You Should Learn in 2017
50 Useful and Reasonably Popular Linux Applications
Applying MediaCodec On An Open Source Android Audio Player
The Official Android Remote Control Namely KORE
Extracting Colors In Android 5.0 – “The Palette API”
Step Counter App With Android KitKat 4.4